AKATHIST Hymn to The holy and glorious Great-martyr Catherine of Alexandria

Saturday, November 26, 2011



Troparion

Greek usage (Tone Plagal 1)
Let us praise the all-lauded and noble bride of Christ,
the godly Catherine, the guardian of Sinai and its defense,
who is also our support and succour and our help;
for with the Holy Spirit's sword
she hath silenced brilliantly the clever among the godless;
and being crowned as a martyr, she now doth ask great mercy for us all.
Slavic usage (Tone 4)
Thy lamb Catherine, O Jesus,
Calls out to thee in a loud voice:
I love thee, O my bridegroom,
And in seeking thee, I endure suffering.
In baptism I was crucified so that I might reign in thee,
And died so that I might live with thee.
Accept me as a pure sacrifice,
For I have offered myself in love.
By her prayers save our souls, since thou art merciful.
Here is the Link  of the Hagiography of St. Catherine of Alexandria, which Feast was celebrated yesterday.


0 comments:

Post a Comment